Sunday, May 16, 2010

Barrette Holder: A Tutorial

Lily has a good two inches of hair on her sweet little head. As a result, she looks adorable in barrettes.

However, they were scattered all over the top over her dresser. So I decided to make a simple, yet effective, place to store them.



You will need:

          1. Ribbon (I got mine from the dollar section at Target)
          2. Hot Glue
          3. Scissors
          4. Straight Pin (with pearlized head)



Gather your supplies:





Cut two lengths of ribbon. Tie one into a bow. (I angled the ends of mine because, well, it looks cute.)





Glue the bow on top of the other length of ribbon. (Careful not to burn your fingers!) Then hang on the wall with the straight pin. I had a hard time getting the decorative pin I was going to use through the drywall so I took a pin with a flat head and a hammer and tapped it through. Then I removed it with a pair of pliers and the decorative pin slid right in. The pearl looks so pretty!





Cute and functional. And it only cost me a dollar since all I had to buy was the ribbon!

If you make one, or if you've made one in the past, show me yours!

2 comments:

  1. Crafty! Too bad Peet doesn't wear barrettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh i'm gonna have to try this! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete